This project is read-only.

Installing on SQL Server 2008 x64

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Hi,

Please could you provide instructions for installing on SQL Server 2008 x64? The following assembly:

Use <Your database>
CREATE ASSEMBLY MicrosoftAnalysisServices
FROM '<Path>\Microsoft SQL Server\90\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.AnalysisServices.dll'
WITH PERMISSION_SET = UNSAFE

does not exist!

I *did* find a  version of it in %Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Setup Bootstrap\Release\x64 (file version=10.0.2746.0) and I was able to catalog it into the DB however when I attempted to catalog TSSASM I received:

Msg 10301, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
Assembly 'TSSASM' references assembly 'microsoft.analysisservices, version=9.0.242.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=89845dcd8080cc91.', which is not present in the current database. SQL Server attempted to locate and automatically load the referenced assembly from the same location where referring assembly came from, but that operation has failed (reason: 2(failed to retrieve text for this error. Reason: 1815)). Please load the referenced assembly into the current database and retry your request.

I am assuming I need a 2008 version of TSSASM. Do you have one available?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks!

-Jamie

Jul 4, 2011 at 10:58 AM

You need to find the DLL that is registered in the GAC of your server. I managed to do so using a CMD box , i found the file here:

C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.AnalysisServices\10.0.0.0__89845dcd8080cc91

this dll should be registered in the database first! After that, you need to reference it in the TSSASM .NET project and compile a new TSSASM.dll.

I managed to make it work in 2008 (not R2). the R2 version of the dll seems to have references to sharepoint...(has something to do with PowerPivot) you may have to install sharepoint foundation services on your server.

good luck, Michael